It is a famous engineering entrance exam in India. It is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education for admissions to Engineering and Architecture courses. On the basis of this exam only, the candidates get admission to various engineering institutes across India. It is also the eligibility test for the advanced exam which helps candidate secure admissions in IIT and ISM. From, this year, CBSE has introduced that ADHAAR card is mandatory for the candidate to appear in the entrance exam.
- Application form will be floated online in the month of December 2017
- Application forms will be closed in the month of January 2018
- The last date to make the payment of the fee falls in the month of January 2018
- Admit card will be made available in the month of March 2018
- Entrance exam will be conducted in the month of April 2018
- Result for the entrance exam will be declared in the month of May 2018
New changes in the MAINS exam-
- No weightage will be given to 12th class marks for calculating All India Rank
- In order to qualify for admissions in IITs, NITs, IIITs, etc. candidates must have secured at least 75% mark in qualifying exam or must be in the top 20 percentiles in the class 12th
- ADHAAR card is mandatory in order to fill the application form and appear in the entrance exam
Candidates who all want to appear in the JEE Mains entrance exam 2018 are required to read the information brochure carefully before filling the application form. The details regarding the application form are as-
- Candidates will have to fill the application form through online mode only.
- No offline facility of applying for the entrance exam will be provided
- Application forms will be released in the first week of December 2017
- In order to apply for the entrance exam and fill the application form, the candidates are required to have the valid AADHAAR enrollment number or registration number
- After filling the application form, the candidates will have to upload the scanned images of photograph and signatures in the prescribed formats
- Candidates will have to download the acknowledgment slip as the proof of the successful submission of the application form
Application form Correction-
The corrections will be permitted in the uploaded images. The correction window will get open for correction in application form details such as a change in exam mode from PBT to CBT, the city of the exam, etc. Candidates can make changes to some selected fields only.
The admit card for the entrance exam will be released online only. The candidates will have to download the admit card from the official website of the exam conducting authority. No candidate will be allotted with the admit card for entrance exam via email or post. Admit card for the entrance exam will be released in the month of March 2018