Why should small business websites place more of an emphasis on local SEO strategy? The answer is simple: websites using an effective local SEO strategy benefit from powerful revenue generation and typically outrank the local competition in the SERP world. But, small business SEO should never be entirely dependent upon the marketing agency. A marketing campaign works most effectively when there is a mutual relationship between the SEO firm and the small business owner promoting the exchange of ideas.
Small business local SEO is significantly based on the fact that many of the most popular search engines categorize websites into databases. Since the rank of small business websites is controlled by these databases, business owners need to verify that their websites are properly optimized so they don’t lose any mobile customers.
So, what is a small business to do if they don’t want to enter the global sales market and wishes to remain local? Those business owners should be considering a local maps marketing campaign to allow them to target the local market. A small business local SEO initiative requires many of the following ranking factors to be successful:
- Physical Address – The address of a business should always remain on the homepage. Small business SEO tip: put your business address in a citation box to target more customers.
- Category Accuracy – Confirm that your business is listed online in the appropriate category at all times. Your category and keywords should always match.
- Content – Creating web content can engage your local audience, as well as build brand awareness.
- Reviews – Commonly considered the most important aspect of SEO for small business websites, customer reviews are an effective marketing tool to increase profits and track the location of reviewers.
- Images – Using photos is an ideal way to personalize a local company and build a relationship with online consumers. Small business local SEO tip: Use photos that show your company involved in community service.
- News – A monthly newsletter is another effective marketing tool that can be used as the voice of a brand. You can include anything from new product releases and community events to local news and industry research.
- Social Media – Staying active online via various social media channels is an efficient way to communicate with your customer base and build stronger relationships with current customers. It’s also a great strategy to ward off negative reviewers and promote consumers to leave positive testimonials.
These are just a few of the key factors that any reputable marketing company should focus on. Above all else, your small business SEO marketing team should be proactive in marketing efforts to bring visitors to your website, and always be willing to work alongside of your brand. Reach out to us for a customized proposal on how we can work together.
Webmaster For Hire is a full-service Internet marketing & web design agency that has been helping international, national and local clients thrive in the digital world for the past 14 years.