Constipation is a common problem in the digestive tract and causes a lot of trouble. Constipation is characterized by hard stools, feeling of obstruction, bloating, having fewer than three bowel movements per week. A homemade laxative is an optimal choice when you have constipation. Not only having ability to improve the bowel movement but also homemade laxative is also safer and has the less adverse effects than medications. In this article, we will recommend the best five homemade laxatives which will rescue your life from constipation forever.
Top 4 Effective Homemade laxatives
There is no doubt that water is one the best homemade laxative, but the fact is that you do not have to do anything to make this home remedies. The most common reasons which lead to constipation is dehydration. When you drink not enough water, your colon has to absorb fluid from the waste in the intestines, which causes hard, dry stool. You just need to drink 2.5 liters of water every day or more in hot days to treat and prevent constipation.
Castor oil is a strong homemade laxative you should know. With a small amount of this oil, your constipation will disappear immediately. Castor oil is defined as a stimulant laxative which means it stimulates the lining of the intestine so that the stool will move easily. When you decide to use castor oil, it will normally act within 4 hours, and you should drink it when you have time in the home rather than drink it before going to work. Because of the unpleasant taste, it is better when you drink castor oil together with fruit juice. Also, you should intake castor oil when your stomach is empty. About the dose, one teaspoon of castor oil is enough.
Note: You MUST NOT use castor oil when you are PREGNANT. One more thing is that you should not use castor oil or any kinds of stimulant laxative, regularly because the dependency in stimulant laxative is not good for your intestine.
In India, guava is considered as the best fruit because of many health benefits. The rich in the dietary fiber of guava makes it becomes one of most effective homemade laxatives. The high amount of fiber bulks the stool and increases water content so that the stool will move quickly through the intestine. You should also drink more water to have the best result. In addition, in the guava seeds, there is a natural laxative which can help you reduce the constipation condition, effectively. It is better when you crush the guava seeds before using it. Only one guava per day is sufficient to be free from constipation.
Flaxseed is one of the most effective homemade laxatives. It has a high amount of fiber and omega-3 fatty acid. The fiber amount and laxative property in flaxseed can improve constipation a lot.
Put one teaspoon of flaxseed in a glass of water then leave it there for three hours. Drink that beverage before going to be every day to get rid of constipation.
If you do not have time to wait, you can eat directly one teaspoon of flaxseed and drink a cup of water.
Some tips to get rid of constipation
They are not homemade laxatives however some tips which we introduce below can help you with constipation condition.
- Do not skip meals. When you skip the meals or eat not insufficient food amount, the stomach can not work properly, and that is one of the reasons which lead to constipation.
- Try to have bowel movement habit in the morning. When you wake up in the early morning, this is the best time for bowel movement because colon activity is strongest at that time, so it is easier for you to eliminate stool. You should try the habit of having a bowel movement to prevent constipation.
- Massage the abdominal is also a good method for constipation. By moving your hand gently around the abdominal, the bowel movement will be improved, and you do not need to spend hours inside toilet due to constipation.
- Do not put much force when going to the toilet. When you have constipation, it sounds unfamiliar, but you should not sit too long in the toilet and use to much force to eliminate the stool. It can lead to hemorrhoids or bleeding.
- Having a proper sitting position. You can put your feet on a small chair to create a 45o angle between abdominal and thigh. That action will make rectum in align position and prevent constipation.
- Doing more exercise can help improve the constipation condition by increasing the bowel movement.
Although constipation is common problems, it can be a sign of a disease in the digestive system so that if you suffer from constipation very badly or in a long time, you should contact to a specialist to get an advanced consultation.