The royal heritage of Jodhpur is something you must not miss to experience in your lifetime. The aura of past glory, the magisterial forts and palaces, the local cuisines and the beautiful gardens and famous streets of Jodhpur bear a hypnotic effect with them. The city of Jodhpur has its own cultural heritage and if you are up to experience the royal charm of a bygone era, come to this heavenly city.
For an uninterrupted tour through this mesmerizing city, it would be best if you don’t opt for public transport on your trip. You can always search for local cab service in Jodhpur in order to enjoy the most convenient trip to the famous places of this royal city. Once you are done with cab booking and all other arrangements, here are some of the places of Jodhpur you must visit. Keep reading.
- Mehrangarh Fort: One of the grand forts of our country, the majestic fort of Mehrangarh will mesmerize you with its breath-taking architecture and the vastness of this fort. The fort is 400ft above the city and therefore, once you are here, you will get to enjoy a awesome panoramic view of the entire city of Jodhpur from up here. The fort is so vast and grand that it took several decades to complete the structure. Therefore, once you visit this place, you will get to see various era’s architectural design getting blended within the structure of this fort. This is a must visit for you.
- JaswantThada: Right beside Mehrangarh Fort, there is a white marble stoned cenotaph called JaswantThada. The tranquility of this place will sooth your mind. This place also provides an amazing viewpoint for the Megrangarh Fort. Check out the paintings that are there inside the cenotaph.
- Kaliana Lake: this is one of the most frequented lakes of Rajasthan. This lake has a special significance to the bird watchers and photographers. If you want, you can always hire a boat in order to enjoy the flock of birds and the lush greenery that surround this lake. You can always enjoy the sunset from the banks of this lake. The tranquillity of this lake is the most appealing factor for it.
- Mandore Gardens: Mandore, belonging to 6th century, used to be Marwar’s capital before the capital was shifted to Jodhpur. Therefore, there is a great historical significance attached to this place. The famous Mandore Gardens attract hundreds of tourists both local and national come to visit this place. Check out the interesting museum and the temple inside the Mandore Gardens.
- Clock Tower: The famous Clock Tower is a famous landmark in the old city of Jodhpur. Located at the heart of the town, the Clock Tower offers a good view of the Mehrangarh Fort. Check out various shops surrounding this Tower. You are bound to have a great shopping experience here.
You can always look out for Jodhpur cab booking services which are available online for your trip in this historical city. Have a great trip ahead!